Updated: Mar 25, 2020
Submitted to Branson Globe
Christian Action Ministries is always concerned with the health and safety of its clients in Taney County and its dozens of volunteers. In response to the situation evolving around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Christian Action Ministries is, reluctantly, taking the following steps.
• CAM-Forsyth has suspended operations at the Forsyth location. Patrons picking up Senior Boxes will be allowed to do so Friday mornings from 8:30 – 11 a.m. Optionally, Senior Boxes normally picked up at Forsyth will be available at the CAM-Branson location.
• The Branson location, 610 S. Sixth Street, Suite 102, will be open as a Drive-Through only distribution center with extended hours and available for all eligible Taney County residents in need of assistance. CAM-Branson will be open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Tuesdays Noon to 3 p.m.
• Those coming to the Branson location are asked to enter from the Sixth Street entrance, remain in their vehicles while their food is delivered and exit onto Fifth Street.
• Christian Action Ministries’ Mobile Outreach Distributions will continue as scheduled: It had distribution on March 18 in Rockaway Beach/Merriam Woods, one is scheduled for March 26 in Branson/Hollister and on April 1 in Bradleyville/Protem/Cedarcreek.
• Christian Action Ministries will re-evaluate the situation on a weekly basis to make any necessary adjustments to this interim plan.
Director of CAM Elizabeth Hughes said they realize it is temporary.
“People are generally not fearful,” she said. “Everyone is being very cooperative and patient.”
Christian Action Ministries regrets any inconveniences these changes may cause for our clients and request the patience of all involved while we deal with this evolving situation.