Updated: Mar 23, 2020
Submitted to Branson Globe
The Branson Board of Aldermen unanimously passed a resolution at its Thursday, March 19 Board of Aldermen meeting, encouraging the citizens of the City of Branson to implement the COVID-19 mitigation strategies laid out by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institute of Health.
This resolution directs the City of Branson to follow specific guidelines that include:
· Avoid visiting hospitals, long term care facilities or nursing homes.
· Do not go to the emergency room unless essential.
· Stay home when sick.
· Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including washing your hands with soap and water frequently, coughing into a tissue or your elbow, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
· Stay away from people who are ill, especially if you are at higher risk for COVID-19
· Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
· Stay informed by checking coronovirus.gov for changing and additional information.
The City of Branson encourages employers to:
· Maximize telecommuting options for as many employees as possible.
· Have employees to stay home when they are sick and maximize flexibility in sick leave benefits.
· Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people gathering at the same time.
The full resolution, including the staff report, can be found behind the March 19, agenda at bransonmo.gov/AgendaCenter.